Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Calm, yet crazy

I got my results from both classes as of yesterday. I'm not entirely happy with French, but I did sort of see it coming. Ultimately, though, I remind myself that the point is not to "make the grade," it's to learn, which I did. A passing grade more or less determines that you would be capable of moving on to the next level. I'm not entirely confident that I am.

French "Exam" (not really an exam, per se, just an evaluation of progress) : 49/62 (42 required to "pass")

Psychology End-Grade : 87% (B+)

I got the Psych grade yesterday, and so I wanted to share with everyone today. Kind of proud of that one, since I was borderline-C before the final project and minor grades came in.

As for next semester, I'm hoping to get the info from Mom about the other student she mentioned, soon, about wanting to teach English over-seas so I can go back and forth about approaches with them. I really wanna get a job, but I don't want that to stop my schooling, either. End-game plan is to be an English teacher at a public school here in the Jura Canton, so I can't just stop schooling. I won't sell myself short there.

Ever since school ended for French, Martin has been very supportive and celebratory, thus my extended absence from everyone. We did get Lego Rock Band, and that's been fun. We're trying to unlock the fun stuff before Mom gets here, if only so we can geek out at her and stuff. Some of the stuff on there I actually detest, like Good Charlotte's Boys and Girls. Ugh, seriously. And I'm starting to think my singing sucks! I was acing everything on regular Rock Band on expert, now I'm struggling to get 90%! At least now if Mom gets a "bad" grade, she won't get to say 'See? I suck.' My lowest so far is 46%.

And yes, I am a dork. And on that note, Martin also got me Disgaea 2 and 3 for Christmas. It's like extreme OCD overload. I've been doing a bit of playing on 2, and he's playing 3 for now. It seems pretty much right up my alley, in that it's totally strategy based. I won't squee about that too much, because I know it can be obnoxious.

I've been doing these things as a kind of way to not stress about Mom's coming. I'm really excited she's coming, but I'm also pretty scared at the same time. It's been almost half a decade since I've seen her, and I'm worried that I'll really just be a disappointment again. It also of course doesn't help that this will also be a "meet the parents" ordeal, which I've never quite stressed out about as much before. Amusingly, Llere, Taran, etc meeting Martin kinda scares me more. I mean, they're the sibs, and while parents are expected to be judgemental, judgements from my sibs will ultimately (hopefully) be bluntly honest and unbiased one way or the other.

I'm probably over-thinking things, again.

I do that, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment